Sunday, April 3, 2016

Costco Greek Pasta Salad

I have been craving this like crazy since getting pregnant and we have been going to Costco every weekend to see if they have it yet (I think it might be a summer item) with no luck. So I attempted to make it myself using a recipe from Wendy's Knitch and it was amazing! We took it to a party and it was a hit. We got lots of compliments. It tastes just like Costco and cost around $20 to make for a giant bowl sized portion. So now I'm re-posting it here so I can have it forever and for always.


Costco Greek Pasta Salad Recipe

Ingredients:
1 package of penne pasta, cooked according to package for al dente pasta
2 breasts from a rotisserie chicken, finely shredded
1 can artichoke hearts, cut up (I buy the large jars from Costco in oil and used about 10 hearts. I didn't rinse the oil, I just shook them off first)
1 container kalamata olives
1 small package grape tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 small container of plain/low fat feta cheese, well crumbled (I used about 4 oz)
1/2 a bottle of Kraft Greek Vinaigrette dressing, but add more to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. I like to add the pasta and dressing last. If taking it to a party, everything except the dressing can be mixed together the night before. Then dress it about an hour before serving. Keeps well. You may just want to add a dash more dressing to perk it up in days following. It does make a large serving, I would say enough for 10-20 people, or lots of leftovers for my family :)

1 comment: